Tuesday, October 25, 2011

House Hunters

So long time no post, but I have a good excuse at least.  New job, new city, new house, packing old house, settling into new place, and finding all the Denver hot spots.  We are loving living in Denver and more on that to come, but this post is about something else, something that never came to fruition - the Moore's on HGTV.  

When I first knew that we were serious about moving to Denver I thought to myself how cool would that be if we were on House Hunters.  I did some investigating and found out that any old average joe can apply to be on the show, so I did.  All you have to do is submit some information and a few pictures.  Yup, thats it.   So I sent off the email and attachments, and I really did not expect to be contacted by Pietown Productions let alone by the executive producer, but it really happened!  This got me a little too excited and Jesse not so excited... I am sure that he was really looking forward to being on TV looking at houses and talking about things like "Oh, I love those floors!" or "I hate that tile."  In fact I am not sure if I even asked him his thoughts on HH :)

Warning - for you HH fans, it is semi fake - GASP!  You actually have to be under contract on a house BEFORE you start filming the show!  I know I was shocked too - but really when I thought about it it makes total sense.  The people ALWAYS end up in a house and HH is back so soon that it would make a lot of closing deadlines tight.  So I was told to let them know when we were under contract on our house in Denver so we could work out filming schedules - well we found our house in one weekend and were set to close in 30 days - nuts I know!  So of course they were the first people I let know that we had found a house, sorry mom! 

Well the executive producer was out sick for a few days and we couldn't make the logistics work, since they wanted to film our old house in OK and the shoot in Denver was going to take up some time, time that we didn't have starting new jobs and working on closing details on our house - sidebar - getting a mortgage in Denver is WAY more intense than getting one in Oklahoma.  They needed our tax returns from 2005 on.  Um, hello, I was in college in 2005 and pretty sure I didn't need a tax return from the few weeks I worked at Southern Sun, Kites, and the Salty Rim.   So disappointing end for me, happy ending for Jesse.  

Will post pics of the house soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah man! That would have been so cool to see you on House Hunters - love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard HH was fake. Total bummer now that it is confirmed! Would have loved to see your beautiful face on TV!

    ReplyDelete