Sunday, September 25, 2011

Catoberfest


Reflections from fun filled weekend.  First and foremost the Cats had an amazing win (Hell Ya) that kept the weekend on the right track.  Jesse happened across the KSU Alumni group in Colorado called the Colorado Cats.  Anyways,  the Denver Cats get together to watch the game at a place called Highland Tap and Burger, and there is a ton of purple in this place, and it is really fun!  I wish I had a picture of this one guy who ripped his shirt off and spun it around his head like a helicopter when we won, and on the other side of the bar a guy that shouted "I am going to burn this place down if they don't reverse that call" and I am fairly certain he wasn't messing around.  Luckily we were right by the door.  I bought myself a new powercat sticker the club sells, and I must say its pretty cool even though it doesn't have Ad Astra Per Aspra anywhere on it.


So after the victory we celebrated by eating on a rooftop deck at a place called Tavern and watched the sun set over the city and the mountains, it was pretty spectacular.

Friday night we tested the waters at Oktoberfest, which was only a couple of blocks from where we are staying right now.  It was pretty great, however, there was not a single German beer?!?!  Options were Sam Adams (American) or Coors (American), I guess I did see one place that had pickle infused vodka, not real sure what country is going to claim that, but we got over it and grabbed a couple of Steins of Oktoberfest and let the people watching begin.  There are lots of interesting folks in this city, especially downtown.   We got to catch up with some good friends and had a nice time and we weren't even in Leiderhosen.  We left there feeling festive so it was a success.




Lastly, we made a trip to IKEA aka Hell for Jesse.  This is the largest IKEA I have seen, there is a two story parking garage attached.  Did I mention that it is so busy sometimes that it is one in one out?!  It was a zoo - we sped through there - coming from a girl who LOVES LOVES LOVES to shop for home goods it was too much.  I was grossed out by all the people laying on mattresses and couches and putting their paws all over everything.  I am going to have to give myself a pep talk before going in there next time, Get in Get out, Ready 1-2-3 break!  I do know that I do not think I can talk Jesse into going back there ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment